Duration: 6 hours
Type: Private Tour
Run: Every Day from 09:00 AM till 05:00 PM
Pick up & drop off: From your hotel either from Cairo or Giza
Guiding method: Live Guide
Guide Language: English, French & German
Day Tour Islamic & Coptic Cairo the most famous attractions: Citadel to see Mohammed Ali Mosque (the alabaster mosque). Coptic Cairo to see Hanging Church, Greek Church of St. George, Church of St. Sergius, St. Barbara’s Church and a ride in the Khan El Khalili bazaar
Trip in detail
Day Tour Islamic & Coptic Cairo
Your guide for the day will pick you up and begin your guided tour in Islamic Cairo – we start at the Citadel fortress with a visit to the Mohammed Ali Mosque (the alabaster mosque). The Citadel that was built by Salah-El-Din in the 12th Century and was the seat of power for the following 700 years. On the premises is the Alabaster Mosque of Mohammed Ali, one of the landmarks of Cairo whose minaret can be seen from any part of the city. The Mohammed Ali mosque was built in Turkish style, very similar to the Blue Mosque in Turkey.
Our next stop is in Coptic Cairo home of some of the oldest Christian churches in the world and retrace the steps where Mary and Joseph walked thousands of years ago. We will visit the Hanging Church, also known as El Muallaqa that was dedicated to the Virgin Mary and it was believed to have been built at the end of the 3rd century. Built on the outer wall you will see the Greek Church of St. George. Following is a visit to the Church of St. Sergius, a perfect example of Coptic churches and monasteries. It was founded at the end of the 4th century and it stands on a crypt that is said to have sheltered the holy family during their flight from Egypt.
Our tour will concludes with a visit to the St. Barbara’s Church that was built between the 4th and 5th centuries. It has preserved ruins of Saint John.
Next on our agenda is a visit to the Khan El Khalili Bazaars that date back to 1382. Shops in this district are legendary for fine brassware, copper, perfumes, leather, silver, gold, antiques and more! Everything for sale in these shops is negotiable – be prepared to bargain for goods in this exciting maze of shops! At the end of the day transfer you to hotel
INCLUDE & EXCLUDE
- Round trip transfers By private Air Condition Vehicle
- Pick up services from your hotel in Cairo & return
- All entrance fees for sightseeing mention in program
- 01 full day tour in Cairo including Citadel, Coptic Cairo & Khan El Khalili Bazaars
- All service charges and taxes
- Private Licensed Egyptologist guide
- Lunch at local Restaurant During tour
- A Bottle of water
- Coptic Museum USD 05.- per person
- Personal expense
- Any item or service not mentioned
- Rates are per Person.
- All A/M rates are in US Dollars.
- The summer offer valid from 01.05.2017 till 30.09.2017
- The winter offer valid from 01.10.2017 till 30.04.2018
- If your hotel at 6 October area there is Supplement USD 10.- per Vehicle.
- Child 0 – 5.99 is free of charge
- Child 06 – 11.99 cost USD 20.- per child.
- Child up 12 y pays full charge as adult person.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- The full payment must be before tour at your hotel in Cairo in CASH (100%) basis in US American Dollars.