Duration: 12 hours
Tour Type: Private
Run: Every Day from 07:00 AM till 07:00 PM
Pick up & drop off: From your hotel either from Cairo or Giza.
Guiding method: Live Guide
Guide Language: English, French & German
Alexandria Over Day from Cairo the most famous attractions: Montazah Summer Palace, the Bombay’s Pillar, Catacomb of Komel-Shokafa & outside visits are Alexandria Library and the fort and Citadel of Qaitbay.
Trip in detail
Alexandria Over Day from Cairo
Your guide for the day will pick you up and transfer you, cutting across 220 Kilometers of the Western desert from Cairo is the city of Alexandria, the bride of the Mediterranean Sea. The trip takes about 3 hours.
Upon arrival your tour leader will take you to visit the Montazah Summer Palace, walk around and enjoy the Montazah gardens. Originally built in 1892, it was the summer home of the Egyptian Royal family.
Following lunch you will visit from outside Alexandria Library and the fort and Citadel of Qaitbay, which was built around 1480 by the Mamluk Sultan Qaitbay. It is believed to rest on the site and to be built from the stones of the Pharos lighthouse, one of the seven wonders of the ancient world.
Next is a visit to the Bombay’s Pillar which was built in 297 AD for the Roman Emperor Diocletian. The Pillar itself is a 9 meters / 29 feet in circumference and it is said that 22 people could lunch on the capital, or flat top of the Pillar.
The day ends with a visit to the Catacomb of Komel-Shokafa. These tombs were tunneled into the bedrock in the age of the Antonine emperors (2nd century A.D.) for a single wealthy family still practicing the ancient religion. These tombs represent the last existing major construction for the sake of the old Egyptian religion.
At the ends of the day return to Cairo.
INCLUDE & EXCLUDE
- Round trip transfers By private Air Condition Vehicle
- All entrance fees for sightseeing mention in program
- 01 full day tour in Alexandria including Montazah Palace, Bombay’s Pillar & Catacombs of Komel-Shokafa
- All service charges and taxes
- Private Licensed Egyptologist guide
- Lunch at local Restaurant During tour
- A Bottle of water
- Alexandria Library cost USD 05.- per person
- Citadel of Qaitbay cost USD 02.- per person
- Personal expense
- Any item or service not mentioned
- Rates are per Person
- All A/M rates are in US Dollars
- The Summer offer valid from 01.05.2017 till 30.09.2017
- The Winter offer valid from 01.10.2017 til 30.04.2018
- If your hotel at 6 October area there is Supplement USD 10.- per Vehicle
- Child 0 – 5.99 is free of charge
- Child 06 – 11.99 cost USD 30.- per child
- Child up 12 y pays full charge as adult person
METHOD OF PAYMENT
- The full payment must be before tour at your hotel in CASH (100%) basis in US American Dollars.